August 13, 2012

Mobile Project Management System

Project Management for Individuals & Groups
Whether you are planning a birthday party, making a grocery list, or writing down a great idea, Trello helps you keep track of it all - in one place.  Think of this application as a mini-Project Management software provider that is web-based and has apps for both Apple and Android smartphones for free.



Items are recorded in the form of "cards" and then tasks are posted within those cards.  You can add due dates, checklists, attach documents, and invite your friends.  For example, say you are working on a school project and you have a "card" named "Project A" and within that card you have a checklist of all the things that you need to do to complete the project and then you also have a checklist of all the supplies you need.  You can invite your partners to that card and they can check off things that they've purchased or completed for the project.  You can also add notes and thoughts then communicate through Trello, rather than emailing back and forth.  If you aren't participating in part of the project, but want to know how the project is coming, you can choose to "watch" the card and receive notifications based on that card.  This is a great way to keep track of who is doing what and when.  You can assign tasks to different people within Trello and communicate within the space.


That is just one example of how Trello can be used.  The Marketing Team at my place of work utilizes this tool for basic project management.  Though it cannot be substituted for an actual project management system, it is definitely an asset to many individuals on a basic level.  However, after discovering this tool, I know what I will be using for all my project management needs for my last semester of college! What do you use?

2 comments:

  1. Great post Alyssa! I was just telling one of my co workers how project software changed the way I work and made my more organized. Thank you for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate! I didn't know Microsoft had a partner product. I thought their only project management software was SharePoint. Maybe I'll do some research and link to your site tonight. :)

      Thanks!

      Delete